Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goal Planning

This is the time of year for goal planning.  I prefer to call it "goal planning" than "resolutions".  Resolutions never seem to work - but when I have to look at the list of "goals" for the year - they are a reminder of things I really felt relevant to accomplish - things I feel/felt led to do.

Since I became single almost 23 years ago - I have taken the last week of each year.  Reflected on my goals, checked off the ones accomplished and queried "why" or "was this was necessary" those that weren't finished up.  I pray, earnestly, for guidance for goal planning.  I believe that God has a path for me and I want to make sure that I am following that path.  As a reminder of the "path" I write down the goals.

One of the things I KNOW for certain that is probably number one on my list - is to get organized and finish projects.  I want to finish my den, get a barn built, finish Langham House - and I also have a few quilt tops in the UFO pile that I want to finish.

I also know for certain that I am need to be more "mission" minded.  I am not sure where God is leading me with this one - so I am going to play it by ear.

I also KNOW for certain that I am tired of hurting, grieving and crying for someone who doesn't want me in his life. (No, it isn't Jess!)  No one can say, "I love you, too" and not want you in their life.  For that I want healing.  And, I am praying for healing.  

I also KNOW for certain that I need a more financial security.  I am hoping getting the brochures mailed to other attorneys will assist in getting an income coming in.  I'm not asking to be rich - but I don't want to worry about bills and how they will be paid.

And, I am looking at going back to college.  Yea, I was a little shocked as well at that one.  Two fold - I want to learn sign language and increase my spanish speaking.  (possible court translating in the future)  I also want to finally be "degreed" instead of just "educated".  That "piece of paper" does make a difference.

I want to be more of a Proverbs 30-31 woman.  I want to prepare my house - I want my home to be God-fearing, loving and kind.

Yes, God has prepared a path for me - and for you - take time to Thank God for this past year - the trials, the good times, the bad times, the tough times - and open your heart - and LISTEN to what He wants you to do for 2013 - that is what I am going to do that - and I know neither of us will be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment