Saturday, August 28, 2010

My God

My God

I had an atheist come by my place this morning. She proceeded, without invitation, to tell me how wonderful her religion was, what all the benefits were.

I saw no benefits in Atheism.

When she asked me what I thought about her religion, I simply stated, “Mine is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with My God. It is a relationship closer than a husband and a wife. It’s a relationship, not a religion. It’s a relationship which, without, I would be lost.”

“When I am weak, I can go to Him in prayer. When I am sick, He heal me. When I am lonely, He is there in the midst of it all. When I am confused, He shows me the way.”

The petite lady listened, I’m not for sure she really heard me, then she asks, “If your God is so big what is so tangible about him?”

“Look around you, at every living thing you see, MY GOD created all of this! So, if MY GOD can create all of this, what has your religion got that is so tangible or what has it created besides hate, discontent?”

The lady left without answering.

“I am the God of all Gods” “I am the truth and the light” “I created the Heavens and the earth” those scriptures kept popping in my head.

I think it is the most awesome feeling to be able to go to God, Our Father, with a simple request. Though our prayer may not be answered, we can always ask, and if it is within God’s will, it will be granted. “Seek and you will find, ask and the door will be opened unto you.”

Don’t forget to ask for God’s guidance in your life, seek Him and if it is within God’s will for your life, the doors will be opened. It’s all in God’s time, not ours .

Pass a good one today – Love and hugs, LinMarie

5 comments:

  1. God is truly wonderful and is always there. He also has sent people to help when we get confused or just cannot go on. I believe God has brought you to help those to be encouraged, get motivated and move on with their lives. God Bless you and your new blog in this endeavor. Love and hugs to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. She may have been sent to you for a reason. You know the saying "everything happens for a reason" Maybe it was to make you stop and think on how marvelous our God is. And you also stated that scriptures started running through your head. 'Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background picture. It just says "LinMarie" pure and simple. I think that any venue that allows us to share our Lord and Savior with the world is the best. Sometimes, it is one on one and sometimes it is a blog that allows people to read something without judgement or censure from an outside source. You may be the "only Bible that someone is exposed to". And, knowing you, this is not a light undertaking. I know you have prayed about this and for God's guidance. I will continue to pray for your openness to God's will. Blessings on this site and on you as well, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited about this. I do not have the type of relationship with God that I know I should have, and that I want. I know from the bottom of my heart that my life is not complete because I have not fully given myself over to him. What am I waiting for? Why do I hesitate? What is holding me back? Thank you for giving me a safe place to explore all his glory. Keep posting, I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow may never come, today is all we may have. Accepting Christ is an easy thing, living christianity is like studying to be a nurse. Everything in life we do takes practice and education. To accept Christ, say this simple prayer: "Lord, I know I am a sinner. I know Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sins. I ask for forgiveness of sin, and life ever after. Please come into my heart right now, love me, hold me and keep me. In Jesus name I pray, Amen" John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son...." Don't waste another day without Jesus in your heart. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete