Monday, April 16, 2012

She Rides Again

Sometimes you want to believe that people will change, that things "just happen" and that everyone
learns from the mistake(s).

A while back I went to New Mexico to pick up a lady I had gone to school with. She had text me, we had
emailed, and we had chatted on the phone - mostly about her "depression and her abusive husband".
Having lived in an abusive relationship, studied domestic violence abuse in college and for my Private
Investigations job, and been certified as an expert in Domestic Violence - the "buzz words" she used
were all perfect.

We plotted and planned, I went and got her - and she didn't last a week. I think there's a blog posted
after she left about it all, so there's really no need to go into it all now.

Have you ever heard that "history repeats itself"? Well, sure enough in this situation - it has. She has
a blog now. I didn't know about it - but happened to accidentally stumble on it. I sat there reading -
the same story - all over again - in fact, here's what her blog said:

"Natural..that's what I try to do.
No, this isn't about going green. Not about using all organic and no deodorant. It's a way of life that I
like to be--being just me; how God made me and what He intended for me. The definition of "natural",
as Merriam-Webster defines as a noun: one having natural skills, talents, or abilities. Notice the word "
perfect" isn't in the definition.

This will be a different post and I hope that I don't lose any of you. I am about to have a major change
in my life and I would ask that you join me on my new journey. So, I'm jumping right in with it and asking
you for support, encouragement, positive comments that will aid any of us that have or is going through
what I am about to.

First a little background. I’ve been married for 31 years and have four grown children, six grandkiddo’s
with a seventh on its way! I do love crafting, being outside, gardening, photography, my critters,
my job at the craft store, sometimes cooking and once-in-a-great-while---cleaning the house. *smile*
If I could see my grandkiddos, that would be at the tip-top of my list, but they all live out-of-state.

I apologize deeply for not being consistent in posting. Some days are just too much, especially now.
My emotions are taking a flip-flop run and I’m praying and staying focused on what I need to do for
the next coming months.

Marriage is hard. I’ve made some lu-lu of mistakes. I’m not perfect. But I love from the ends of my
toenails and consider myself to be pretty darn loyal. I work hard. I like who I am. I like the things
I do. I like to learn new things and am constantly reading books, etc. that teaches on bettering oneself,
helping others, encouragement, positive attitude, and the like. But, it’s not what my husband wants.
After 31 years, he has filed for divorce. No kiddos at home anymore. No sitting out on the porch with
iced tea. No drives to the mountains. No more. Yep, we’ve had a bug-tussle of problems, arguments,
sadness and disappointments in each other. He is a good guy and maybe one day we will both understand
what went wrong.

I’m not asking for sympathy—well, maybe a little. But I am going to focus on reaching out. I’m finding
that divorce is maybe worse than losing a loved one—just my opinion. The reason is that you don’t lose
them to Heaven’s gates where you won’t see them again here. You lose them as warm flesh, their smell,
their being involved in your life. You’re not going to have that anymore. They are still here and you know
it—you just can’t be a part of it anymore.

So there it is--out in the open. I want to make this a journey that will be of help. I don’t want to face it
alone either. So, my craft store job is working on getting counseling for me and will pay for it! God is
so good on this. And what I learn, I would like to share and in hopes that if even one person is helped,
we’ve all done a good thing.

Because this may strike a heart-string chord with some, I ask that comments be gentle and positive. But,
I do ask for comments.

I am in the process of building my Stamping Business. I am mostly just a hobbyist, but with upcoming
financial difficulties, I need to build to a business. I’ve taken some webinars, bought books, have
another blog that will be started to be worked on and Stampin' Natural will be moved over when it is
done. I will be a hit and miss until after July as he will stay with me until then and then he moves out
of state. When he moves, I am preparing to hit my blogging hard. (My busy mind and hands will keep
me going.) I've been also studying tutorials to use for ideas in the paper crafting and with stamps.
Can't wait to get those together and show you new stuff! There will be some changes to this blog also
as my Stamping Coach recommended but my focus is not this blog but the new one. When ready, I
will give you the link to the new blog.

I appreciate all of you. Some of you know me personally but didn’t know about the upcoming divorce.
Maybe we will see each other and have some time to visit. Or if you see my husband, please say hello
to him too.

Follow along with me as we move toward a New Journey.
Much love and hugs to you all"

,And, then she signs her name

I was a little perturbed that she would try to scam someone else into believing that crock. So, I jotted
her a message:

"you are good is all I can say. This is the same line of crap you served me almost 2 years ago for me to
come to NM to get you and bring you back to Texas. What you didn't tell everyone - is - this is the - uhm -
HOW many times now that you've said this or ya'll have done this? And, you didn't mention that you
have family that isn't in your corner - uhm - lies? Drama? If you are going to post - you best post
honestly - because as far as I am concerned - you still owe me for the trip to go get you 18 months
ago - I still have the texts, emails and putting them side be side this - they are exactly the same lies.
I do hope you get counseling - you truly need it. And, after all the lies you told everyone about my
household - they've come to realize YOU are the liar! I can hardly wait to serve you papers when
you hit Texas in May."


Now that probably wasn't very nice. And, I will probably have to do penance for that. I did pray
about it - and, I believe, I did the right thing. Why should someone else have to go through the expense
like I did. Why should she haunt someone else or upset someone else's home? I didn't do it to be mean,
but to let her know - "You cannot continue to lie to the world and not be found."

I understand that she is having an "internet love affair" with someone we went to school with, thus
she is coming to her first class reunion - ever. That's after she has said "I hate those people, I never
wanted to be around those people, there's no one there that I like - blah blah blah" So, she will be
bringing her fake little self to the reunion, to meet up with her "internet lover".

Friends who are lawyers say that "class reunions are the number 1 reason for divorces". I hope those
who are lawyers among our group are there to pass out cards, I think there is at least one divorce on
the horizon.

I'm truly not trying to be ugly - but I also am truly tired of people like this abusing others - either
through lies, drama, spite or meanness. I see this everyday in many of my clients - they never learned
to be fair with the world or they never learned that the world doesn't owe them. We've all had some
sort of rot in our lives - some more than others - but it doesn't mean that the world owes us - nor
does it mean that you take advantage of the kindness of others.

I feel for the poor fella who is involved. And, for a long time, I disdained her current husband, perhaps
in all honesty, he needs an award for having put up with the drama, the hell and everything else that
went with her for 31 years.

I read Psalms 25 each day - and in the first couple of verses where it says "enemy" - I name my enemies -
and this lady's name has been on a sheet of paper for a long time. I am going to continue to pray for
my enemy - but God also gives us wisdom to warn a simpleton who doesn't realize he is about to be
trapped in a snare like a bird.

I wish she would seek help, or that her family or friends would have her committed to where she
doesn't hurt herself nor anyone else. She is "stranger - danger" and anyone in the path - will be a victim.

Pray for your enemies - but don't let them hurt others.


No comments:

Post a Comment