Thursday, May 10, 2012

The LIttle Church

The folks who go to the little church on the backside of my property have always been very generous.  Recently our neighborhood association started meeting over in their sanctuary once a month.  Rev Thompson is old school, proper, funny, loving.

Me and Jess decided because of their generosity, that we would do something for them.  So, we now mow the yard.  Today I bought yellow lantana to go in a flower bed.  We have ordered a sign to replace the one that is tearing and frayed.

I asked a friend not too long ago about tithing.  I know the Bible says gives 10% of your earnings to the Church.  I don't belong to any one particular church.  We just haven't found the right church.

I believe I am doing this right.  I can only hope that when you give of yourself to a church that you are giving your tithes.  The plants are from me.  The new sign I ordered is from me.

I don't go to this church - but I have friends there.  I know it makes them happy to see the changes - the new things taking place - and that makes me happy.

I am not giving this to the church and their members specifically - but I plant for the Lord.  I plant Him some flowers at His house.

We don't always have the money to give- but we can all give of ourselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment