Monday, September 12, 2011

Circumstances


I thought of you this morning, and thought of the trials we all go through. I wanted to share these 2 scriptures with you - to remind you that God is carrying you through this time in your life - that He is your shelter, your rock and also to let you know - as a friend - I'm here for you.

Psalms 86:7 "In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee, for thou will answer"

Psalms 138:7"Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will bring me safely through them. You will clench your fist against my angry enemies. Your power will save me."

God also says "I will never leave you nor forsake you"

We all live in circumstances that we don't like. We ask God "why" and He doesn't tell us - so we have to deal with them. But we can deal with them through the inner strength God gives us.

Phillippians 4:11-12 Paul was in prison in Rome writing to the Philippians - "Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to get along happily whether I have much or little. I know how to live on amost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want." Paul was in bad circumstances when he wrote this. I think we can learn a lot from Paul. You focus on Christ rather than the circumstances.

I want to focus less on the problems and put more focus on Christ. There are no circumstances in our lives that God cannot change if He choses to.

Paul focused on the sovereignty of God, not the will of man. Romans 8:28 "And, we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His will"

"For God is at work within you, helping you want to obey him, and then helping you do what he wants." Just because we do not see God's work - He is working for us. He knows our needs before we ever ask. But we can't work against Him with our fretting.

The difficult things, pain, hurt times push us to listen more to what God has to say. Let's focus on the POSITIVE results and not the pain or loss. Philippians 1:12-13 Paul had all those guards day and night and was able to witness to all these guards - who were able to go out and preach and they pointed back to Paul and talked of his letters and courage.

Strength under courage - Love you - and look forward to continuing to pray with you and for you. God is dealing with us - in major ways - our trials and tribulations are really small issues - God is strengthening us and preparing us for great things. The focus of our life is Jesus who is within us. I want us to all know Jesus in the most intimate way possible. That, I am sure will take care of us all.

So, do we continue to focus on our circumstances or do we focus on the sovereinty of God and let Him use us to be a witness in someone else's life. it's our choice. it's what we can do.


No comments:

Post a Comment