Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Immovable Anchor

God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.

We all go through valleys in our lives. Valleys so low that we don't think we can climb even to the bottom of the next mountain. It would be so easy to lay down, not say anything nor do anything nor be anything - but that isn't who we really are.

I think while we are in the valleys of our lives, that it is a time to read more of what God has planned for us, to listen more to what God has to say to us, to see what God's goals for us really are. There is strength to be gained.

Four years ago, Hurricane Humberto blew through Southeast Texas - to us it was just a good ol' East Texas thunderstorm. Then, Hurricane Ike blew through the following year. The storm left many homeless, especially in the Bridge City and Gulf coast areas of Texas. I've watched Boliver, Crystal Beach and Gilchrist come back to life - I've seen the works of Christians and churches praying and working. The valley has been low for them - but - they also gained strength and new understanding. God's word was the immovable anchor during those storms.

He holds us steady when our knees are weak. He brings us through the fire, the water, the fury unscathed - we may not realize it at the moment - but if not for God's immovable anchor in our life - we would have given up - just said "that's it - I'm done."

"I will never leave you nor fore sake you." He says. "I am with you always."

Some of my friends and even me are going through some valleys - we are worried about our health, our finances, our families - many things we are fretting over that we cannot do anything about. One of my friends I spoke to yesterday is working herself into a tizzy about some tests that she has to take this weekend. I asked her, "Didn't you give that to God?" She said, "Well, I guess I didn't give it all to Him." I asked, "Why not? You can't fix it, but He can." Our immovable anchor in times of the storm.

"I surrender all....all to Him I owe...." Give it to the immovable anchor in your times of storm - no matter how large or small the storm - God is our immovable anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment