Monday, September 12, 2011

Reunion Planning

Reunion Planning

I've been working with several on an upcoming reunion for several classes. It's been trying at times - but it's also but extremely rewarding. I've been able to meet up with a lot of old (not in age of course! LOL) classmates - many I've not heard from nor spoken to in well over 40 years.
Of course, in every planning there are those who want to create destruction. There have been "rumors" and "lies" that I've been the center of. I've felt belittled. I have felt persecuted over things I did not say nor do. I do know who DID say them, but it wasn't me.
I have come to realize that when you are doing the right thing, making good decisions, you will not always be the most popular nor the most accepted. I have come to realize that there are trouble makers everywhere.
During this time, I've prayed for my enemies. I have tried to be grace under fire. I have deleted negativity from my Facebook page. I realize that I cannot control others' emotions nor beliefs, but if they are negative and wrong, I also do not have to condone nor listen to them.
I also believe during this time, I've gained a lot. I've gained strength in times of persecution, I've read my Bible more, I've prayed more, I've asked for forgiveness more and I think I've grown in spirituality.
I saw ugly at it's best and I want no part of it. I saw me several years ago - spewing anger and vile at people over rumors. I do not want others to perceive me as someone I do not want to be.
I was proud of how I handled things. I never cursed them. I was upset. I was stressed to the point my doctor said I was stroke stage. None of us wants to be lied about especially across the web. It hurt. I prayed that God would protect me from all their evil ways. And, I believe He did.
I also had time to ponder of all the times in my life, how many times have I disobeyed God? How many times have I fallen short in doing my part of my life? I'm trying to walk the path God has for me - sometimes I falter - but I do know when I do - that He is there to help pick me up.
We cannot control others' opinions of us. But we can have strength under fire - we can hold our heads up with the grace of a woman and not the grief of a child. We aren't in elementary school any longer - some of us have grown up, and, others - well, somehow they are still stuck in school with the same mentalities.
I'm truly looking forward to this reunion. I'm looking forward to renewing friendships. And, I'm grateful for the persecution - because it has made me a stronger Christian - and for that, if no other reason - I am grateful to my enemies.

Read Proverbs 12 - I read the Proverb after I had originally written this. I am thrilled with the confirmation.







No comments:

Post a Comment