Friday, January 28, 2011

Jess

Jess is undergoing a lot of medical tests. We believe that he has the beginnings of Alzheimers. "A" is not nothing nice. We have very "lucid" days - and then there are the "foggy days" . Recently we have had fewer foggy days - only because we've stuck to a routine and there hasn't been any confusion around him.

I've made up my mind, that as this "A" progresses, I want to accept and not always be right - I'm thinking that will cut down on arguments. I don't always have to be right. And, in his mind, he is right. As long as I can keep thinking straight for both of us, that's fine.

I want to dance every chance we get, hold his hand as often as possible, I want to walk in the rain or on the beach. I want to steal a kiss during the day. I plant memories in my mind of things that he does, the way he walks, how hard he works. I want to be spontaneous - but not to a point that it confuses him. I want to listen to him as he speaks his mind. I want to finish projects that we have started.

And, even if there comes a day when he doesn't know who I am - I will always know who he is.

Once we know for certain - we will blog our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment