Saturday, January 29, 2011

"My plate is full." I keep thinking to myself as I went through the house picking up things that were just "left" where they landed - many things that I didn't put - and I suppose that imaginary person who lives here "IDUNNO" put it there. I have PI/quilt/construction businesses. Each, requires a certain amount of my brain and time - somedays one has to take precedent over the others. "But who put all that on your plate?" asks my conscious. "I did" I respond.

I did because I have to make a living - I did because I wanted that other house and I didn't want it torn down - I did because it gives us something to do together. I did it. And, most days rather than less days - I can handle it all without frustration(s) nor anxiety.

I stopped long enough today to think what all is going on in our world. I think we have accomplished a lot and will continue to do so. My grandmother used to say "idle hands are the devils workshop".

I also thought about all the begging, pleading, crying, prayers that God hears from all of us each day. His plate is full as well, I am sure.

In thinking along that line, I suppose I will try to shoulder what God has blessed me with - as I know He will put no more on me than what I cannot bear - and in the end - I am so much richer for them.

I shall not whine, but give thanks for the trials or tribulations - in the end - I will appreciate the blessings that much more.

I will attempt to count my enemies as a blessing - as they make me stronger and more reliant upon God and myself.

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies - we volunteer for too many things, say "yes" too many times, and over burden ourselves way too often. I'm going to start asking God for more guidance before I jump up and volunteer. And, I'm going to praise him for the abilities in life that He has given me.....

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments:

Post a Comment