Friday, December 10, 2010

December Birthdays

December Birthdays

December seems to be the month of a lot of birthdays. My nephew’s, Jess’, my aunt’s, my cousins’, several girlfriends and a few male friends all share December as their birth month.

My cousin Sandy’s birthday was always December 10. She died several years ago. Prior to that we would always celebrate our birthdays together. She was 13 years older than me. It’s hard to believe that she would have been 70 this year.

A dear friend, Jean, and I share the same date. She is quick to let everyone know that she is TWO years younger than me! And, then she is quick to say, “but you are so much like my mother I think we may have been switched at birth.”

The best birthday of all is the birth of Jesus. I love the song, “Jesus, Oh Jesus, do you know him today? Oh don’t turn him away……..”

If you do not know Jesus as your personal Savior, I pray, that you will take the time. A simple prayer, “Lord come into my life, save me from my sins, and accept me as I am.” is all that it takes.

I love my Jesus – and I can hardly wait to see Him when I get to heaven – and I want to see you too!

Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment