Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Friendships

Friends come and go in our lives. Many times we may wonder "where so and so is." I've recently heard it said many times, "I've found a lot of my old friends on FaceBook!"

Well, so have I. Some, I realize why they were left in the past. And, others, I wonder why we were separated to begin with.

A recent coffee in Lake Jackson with several friends got me to thinking about others and wondering where they were or are in life.

Some were strange to begin with - and in their older years - they are even stranger. Some were trouble makers back when and are even more so now.

It's wonderful to be able to go back in time and think of friends and memories. I have so many wonderful memories - and then - there are some not so wonderful. I prefer to live for today.

God has blessed us all with hope for tomorrow and victory for today. Why would I want to cheat myself of those blessings by constantly living in the past? I am grateful for friends of the past who have now come back into my life. But I am also very aware of people who are wolves in sheep clothing.

Friends are like the tide - the relationships ebb and they flow. But God in my life, is a certain. A factor that withstands all friendships. Without Him, I would be nothing. And, without Him, I would surely fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment