Thursday, December 2, 2010

Workers

Workers

I’ve decided to add on to the back of my house, not that I’ve out grown my house nor that I really needed the additional space. I am adding on because it will then connect my old house to the old servants quarters. My house was built in 1892 and the old servants quarters later housed the daughter of the people who built this house.

Finding good contractors who aren’t going to try to shaft you has been a real undertaking. Who can you trust to do the job and do the job in a manner that I am pleased with or know it is going to pass inspection the first round?

The concrete workers did a fabulous job. At the time they came, I wasn’t told they were “sub-contractors”. Had I known that – I could have hired them myself. So, I got “stung” a little on the contract amount. I hope that he enjoys that extra $1000.

My second group – the guys who’ve dried in the building have been more than awesome. I heard one say that they work as if they were working for their wife or God. How great can that be?

I found a Christian honest contractor – and I firmly believe it was through patience and prayer. I’m pleased with his work. I’m pleased with them being on my job each day. And, I even look forward to their smiling faces each morning.

I’m grateful for folks who do their jobs, do them well, and do them above anyone’s expectations. I’ve been blessed. Coffee pot is on – let’s get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment