Thursday, December 9, 2010

Peace in Chaos

Peace in Chaos

A story was shared with me – and I would like to share it with you –

“This being the season for hope and being thankful for our many blessing this story came to my mind. I thought I would share with you and whom ever you deem to share it with. As in your line of work, you have come upon situations that you thought were dangerous and “well this is it. It's mine time to go.

When I was working in nightclubs, as a bouncer I had an occasional thing that I thought might be dangerous but never feared for my life. This story I’m about to share is a near death experience that was so near death I recall it with vivid memory.

My family had gone crabbing. We were crabbing in Freeport in the Brazos River off of a pier. I guess you would say we were really in Velasco. We had decided to leave and everyone had gone over the levee back to the car. I decided to go back and check one more time to see if I had anything biting on my line, since we’d just left the line in the water with the chicken neck still tied to it. I was about 7 years old I think .As I got onto the pier I slipped and fell into the water. I did not know how to swim. I remember fighting and struggling and gasping for air. I was calling out but know one could hear me because they had gone over the levee to the car. After a while, I became tired. I have no idea what the time frame was. I was exhausted and I realized I was sinking and drowning. All of a sudden a calm came over me and I knew it was my time to die. I wasn't scared any more it was all right. There was a peace about me. All of a sudden there was a body reaching for me - it was my sister she had come back over the levee jumped in to save me. The real kicker was, she couldn't swim either. We are both alive today because God has a purpose for us all. My life should have ended that day, but God had a purpose for me and I think the purpose is to let everyone know that when our time comes as long as we have faith the transition will be just fine. I have never shared this story with anyone but it just feels like the right time with the right person.”

Isn’t it wonderful to know that God brings peace to us in the midst of chaos?

No comments:

Post a Comment