Friday, December 31, 2010

Goals

I have decided that New Year’s resolutions don’t normally pan out. I normally take the last week of the year to clear out closets, my mind, my calendar, get a new calendar put in my brief case, go over the goals that I’d set for myself at the end of last year – see what worked and what didn’t – if it’s still a goal – see what can be done to remedy the task.

Notice I said “goals”. For a long time I got up each day and said “Ok what’s up with today?” I don’t “map” my life in the sense that it isn’t subject to change.

I do a lot of praying – about the things I put down as goals. I believe when I add a goal to a list that it is something that is attainable, in my best interest, and something that God has led me to do.

I missed 3 of my goals this year. One is to get out of debt. That is going to be added to next year’s goals. Second, I want to learn sign language as a third language. And, thirdly, I want to become even better with my Spanish. All three of these take time.

This year I will add to finish my renovations to my from the hurricanes and to refurbish the old – New – Langham house. I envision the place being finished in time to decorate for Christmas next year. And, I am also hoping to get my barn built.

My barn will have a classroom, bathroom, storage and a commercial kitchen.

I’m hoping for walkways throughout the yard. And, lights that light the paths.

All of this is going to take hard-work and dedication to make it come to fruition.

I also want to walk with Christ more and join a few Bible study groups – even if I study at home alone.

I hope that you will find the time for you and God to make your “goals” Post them where you can see them everyday. And, work hard at achieving them.

Philippians 3:13-14 


13 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment