Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's My Birthday!

It’s My Birthday!

Yes, today in 1953 I was born. I love my birthday; not only for the gifts I may receive but also for the gift I’ve been given! God gave me the gift of life! And, I LOVE life!

I love the Psalms 139. I love knowing that God knew me before I was even conceived, He knew me when I was in my mother’s womb, He prepared my way…

As an infant, I was abused by my natural mother, who, while my dad was in Korea tried to kill me, and later sold me to my paternal grandparents for $20 and a bus ticket out of town. I later lived with a stepparent and my dad. Sue was not always good to me either – but the one thing (among others) I do give her credit for – was making sure I went to Church.

Church was my “get-away” from the things that may have been going on at home. It was the place where I could go be with friends. It was a place where I had some of the most wonderful Sunday school teachers that God could’ve ever put into my life. Mrs. Rasco, Mrs. Williams, Mr. & Mrs. Kelley – to name a few – were always there – always ready to listen, always ready to teach all of us kids about the rights and wrongs of growing up.

I don’t count my birthday in years – it’s not the amount of breaths I take but it’s the moments that take my breaths away. I love life, and I live it to it’s fullest.

I am very grateful for my biological mother, Margie (for giving me life and loving me enough to give me to my grandparents who she knew would take care of me), both sets of my grandparents (Little Granny/Pappaw who taught me it’s okay to be poor, how to live off the land, how to work hard, and just be a good person) (Maw/Paw who taught me how to live, love, quilt, can, clean), Sue and my dad (for giving me a roof over my head) – but most of all I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be a blessing to someone each day, for giving me breath and life! I hope I am not a failure to Him, though at times, I am sure I have been.

So, Happy Birthday To Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment