Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Traditions

Holiday Traditions

I have always, at least in my adult years, strived to have my Christmas “gifts” done, wrapped and stored by the end of March. Crazy? Yes, probably – but in doing this – I am not in the maddening crowds of craft or quilt shops where people are grabbing and wanting this and that – and a lot of times – RUDE.

Getting my “gifts” done and assorted and wrapped – gives me the time during Christmas to go to plays, ballets, cantatas, and to drive to look at the Christmas lights.

I love going to the Galleria on my birthday. I don’t shop – I go, get to the second floor over the ice skating arena, purchase me a good cup of java and watch the kids and adults skate. I people watch. Not far away is the Salvation Army choir singing outside that expensive jewelry store.

I see the rush of people with packages. I see the smiles of the children. I hear the plans for giving the gifts.

It’s funny how when you just sit – and open your ears – the things that you can learn.

Christmas is for enjoying – for laughing – for finding peace – for being able to be a child and seeing the lights, sights and sounds through a child’s eyes. I’m glad that I am finished with the gifts early – this way – I know I can treat myself to some wonderful sights and sounds – and I can enjoy my Christmas without any frustrations or hassles!

Merry CHRISTmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment