Sunday, November 7, 2010

Beauty

So many of us look for the beauty from the outside. We worry that our make-up isn’t just right – oh – let’s make sure all that hair is perfectly in place and use the best of the hairspray to keep it that way. Ah, did my lipstick smear? I can’t have allergies today, the tears make my eyeliner run!

We worry about the clothes that we wear. Does it make my rump look too big? Oh does this sweater enhance the boobs?

Surely you’ve asked yourselves a few of those questions or even thought of others and made statements similar.

We get so wrapped up in what other people think of us that we forget the real deal!

I’ve told my son, “Remember, beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes all the way to the bone!”

“Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.” 1 Peter 3:4

Perhaps it is time we all look at our inner selves because the greatest beauty is what God sees and not our outside appearances.

No comments:

Post a Comment