Thursday, November 4, 2010

Making Potholders

Making Potholders

I’ve been quilting for quite sometime. Well over 50 years to be exact. I’m going to be teaching a class next week, so decided to make a sample of each step of the project.

About halfway finished I stood there looking and realized I had forgotten a step. An important step to making the certain block that I am teaching.

I wondered what would be different about me if God had forgotten to take a step in making me. I laughed and thought when I had my cesarean birth of my son, that God forgot to put a zipper in me so I wouldn’t have to be cut on. I was only jesting.

I’m not perfect in my eyes – just as some of my quilt blocks aren’t perfect – and I know I’m not perfect in others’ opinions either. But isn’t it wonderful to know that our maker made us JUST the way He wanted us – and that no two of us are alike? Think how dull the world would be if we all looked alike, same color hair, same size, etc.

I love to read Psalms 139. That tells me that God knew me when I was still in my mother’s womb. He knew the most intricate parts about me….. and He had a plan for me before I was even ever born.

I’m not perfect – but I’m perfectly made in God’s eyes and he never missed a step in forming me.

No comments:

Post a Comment