Friday, November 26, 2010

Holidays

Holidays

Thanksgiving has come and gone. And, we are all gearing up for Christmas. So many stores were open on Thanksgiving for a pre-Black Friday. I didn’t like that.

I think that we should enjoy each holiday separately. There is a reason we are given the holidays. There is a reason for those days being set aside. Many people do not stop and be grateful for what they have, for who they are, for all their many blessings – but once a year.

It’s sort of like many don’t go to church except Easter Sunday when they can go out and purchase a new dress, shoes, bag, and/or hat and strut into Church like they’ve been there every Sunday.

I think of the 4th of July and the thing most look forward to doing is popping firecrackers.

I look at Labor Day – how many folks really stop and think what that day was set aside for?

I think we all are like children – when we were young we foolishly wanted to grow up so fast – now that we are older I think we should take one holiday at a time, enjoy it – the company it brings and what it stands for – before worrying about the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment