Friday, November 5, 2010

Common Sense

Common Sense

I have often wondered about common sense. Is it something that we learn as we grow; is it something that we are bestowed when we are born; is it something that just happens?

I have seen a lot of folks with all sorts of degrees and book learning, as I call it – which has not a lick of common sense. They can’t come out of the rain even if it is pouring outside. They have no sense of direction.

I have wondered which was the best to have lots of common sense or lots of degrees and book learning.

I am thinking it’d be nice if we all had a little of each – but if I had to chose between the two – I’d take common sense. I consider common sense part of wisdom.

I think it is best for us to follow leaders with good common sense or wisdom. The Bible says, “The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just.” Psalms 37:30 and in Proverbs 1:2 “For attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight…”

I believe I will take common sense over book learning any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment