Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Henry Seale

I rarely meet a stranger, especially when it seems we have something in common. Met a couple this evening at the Chinese place. The lady and I were giving the fried crabs a run for the owner’s money. I asked her, “how come you are so neat and I have a huge mess over here?” She laughed and said, “No I have a mess too!”

We cut up back and forth like that for almost an hour as if we were old friends. I learned that they live in Jasper, Texas. I mentioned that’s where my grandfather used to be a gunsmith. Henry knew exactly where the place was.

We talked about fishing. Henry likes saltwater fishing. I told him about our last fishing at the island – where we’d been fishing all day long – and a motor home pulled up – the kids got out and second cast scored a 40lb drum. We all laughed.

Nancy said he had to take things easy because Henry had 4 heart attacks. I asked, without even thinking, “what ‘s making your heart bad?” He said, “I’ve been moved up to the top of the list for a heart transplant.”

Without batting an eye – I said, “well hold that thought and let me get you on a prayer warrior’s list.” I called my prayer warrior, Willie Mae and gave her the information.

We all exchanged names and email addresses before they left. It was as if we had made new friends. I got hugs from both of them when they left.

I figure life is about helping and praying for others. Tonight I met some new folks and during this time I was able to pray for them. I think that is what we are all supposed to do for each other. Color, race – none of that is suppose to matter.

So, tonight and until I hear differently, I’m going to pray for Henry Seale. I’m going to pray to the Great Physician and hope that God’s will be done. I just feel it in my bones that if Henry is given another heart – that he will do great things. As I told him, “God ain’t through with you yet – and there is a purpose for your life. “

No comments:

Post a Comment