Monday, November 8, 2010

Worry

Worry

There just seems to be so much unsteadiness around us – folks are sick, folks are dying off, the financial crisis of the world, kids have turned against parents – so many things that can keep us in turmoil.

I think of the stories my grandmother told me of the Great Depression – they had many of the same fears then as we do now. They worried about feeding the kids, keeping a roof over their heads, paying taxes and just surviving.

I think many times our problems are not so much from a corrupt nation, but corrupt leaders. And, perhaps that is because we didn’t pray and earnestly ask God to guide our votes.

Or perhaps our fears are compounded because of all of the media attention to the negative.

In comparison to the Great depression or the woes of the past compared to today’s life’s strife there is one thing that is ever lasting in it all – God’s mercy, grace and blessings.

I’m learning not to fear tomorrow – but to live for today and make it the best I can possibly make it.

Isaiah 41: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

And Proverbs 3:5 tells me to trust in the Lord “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”

Wow, between those two God tells me – I don’t have to worry – HE is going to handle it all for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment