Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Forward Ever Backward Never

Forward Ever, Backward Never

As a beginner – no matter what it is – sewing, making jewelry, cooking, or any other type of something new that we are learning to do – sometimes we have to go backward – rip something out or remake something or take it all apart or maybe even just start all over.

I’m not the same person I was even ten years ago or even five years ago. I would like to think I am more assured of myself. I would like to think I’m more calm and able to roll with the flow a little better.

As Christians, we aren’t the same as when we first accepted Christ as our Savior. It’s a forward ever – in growth, spiritually, mentally, physically, or emotionally – and it’s a backward never – we don’t want to go back to the beginning and start over to go back to the unsaved days.

I’ve recently told a girlfriend, who is about to go out on a major adventure, that she shouldn’t look back on the” what if’s” or the “what I should’ves” or “if only”. She’s being given an opportunity to finally learn who she is all about, to experience a positive side of life, to grow her self-esteem, to peel back the layers of hurt like an onion – until she gets to the core of her heart. She’s being given a chance to start a fresh – a new life is welcoming her.

God give us all a new life – if we just accept Him.

God says we will grow in strength and in might. I think that in itself is a pretty doggone good reason not to go backward. “I press toward the mark of the High Calling…”

Forward ever, backward never.

No comments:

Post a Comment