Monday, September 13, 2010

A Rhyme and a Reason

A Rhyme and a Reason

How many times have you started out of the driveway, gotten down the road and remembered you’d forgotten something at home? It could’ve been something as simple as a piece of mail for the post office, a grocery list or if you were traveling even your purse/wallet.

I used to get real frustrated to have to turn around and go back when someone in the car would say “I forgot……” It would nag at me.

One day, we had to turn around for a trivial (in my opinion) something. I was not a happy camper. We returned, started out again and not a half a mile from our house, there was a really bad accident.

Calculating where EMS/EMT’s were, the police department, this accident had occurred about 15-20 minutes prior. An eighteen-wheeler had run a red light and crashed into a small vehicle, killing the people inside.

A cold chill ran down my spine, had we not gone home, that could’ve been us.

I stopped, got out of my vehicle and hugged my young son. I was so grateful for God’s saving grace.

From that day on, when little things like having to go back for something forgotten, I just say, “there’s a rhyme and a reason for it and there’s no sense in getting upset over the little stuff.”

No comments:

Post a Comment