Saturday, September 4, 2010

Three Numbers

The Three Numbers

The Three Numbers

Ever glance at a clock and there are three consecutive numbers – like it’s !:11 or 2:22? Ever think about when folks die, it’s usually in threes?

My grandmother used to tell me that folks died in threes – because it was the way Jesus died – the one on each side of Jesus and Jesus. I never really paid a lot of attention to that, but I’m beginning to think she is right.

A few years back, Jess and I were weighing a business decision after Hurricane Rita had hit. We weren’t as devastated as most but we surely had our fair share and probably a little more of damages. It seemed every time something happened – it happened in threes. Three trees went down at once. Three properties were destroyed. Three animals died.

Times were very stressful. It seemed those three consecutive numbers would pop up during a time when I was afraid of something, frustrated or stressed. Each and every time there were three consecutive numbers. Threes. I sloughed it off to oddity.

Late one still night while the house was quiet, I was fervently praying and telling God I felt so alone. I was pouring my heart out about my fears and anger and desires. As if I’d turned on a radio a voice as clear as day said, “I’ve been telling you I am with you. I’ve given you the signs – we are the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.”

The THREES!! God had been telling me all along that He was there with me! I have never looked at three consecutive numbers the same since that day.

God says even in our troubled times, He is there with us. He loves us. He protects us – even sometimes from ourselves!

Isn’t it wonderful to have a little sign from God reminding us of His presence?

Pass a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment