Thursday, September 30, 2010

Helping Others

Helping Others

Recently a friend and me went to help an old friend we’d not seen in quite a while. We took what she said on face value. I followed my heart and the friend who went with me went to help as well.

I do not regret having done what I did. I do not regret having reached out a hand to help someone. Many told me, “don’t do this” – but I did it anyway. Many said, “you are making a mistake” – I accept that to a degree.

I do regret not being told the truth, having facts misconstrued and not knowing “all” about the situation.

I do regret not knowing the mental state of the person we went to help. Fragile as a bird in one hand – or was that, too, a farce?

I’ve had to really pray about this situation that went from trying to do the right thing to becoming the bad girl. I prayed most all night.

If the original facts were true, I have no regrets in doing what we did – and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

I think that I was God led to do what I did. I still believe that. And, as one friend told me – you did what you thought God wanted you to do, so who are we to judge what His outcome for this will be? That statement hit me smack in the face.

We are supposed to be helpmates to others in life. One of the greatest feelings of worth is helping someone in need. I think of the story of the Good Samaritan. And, if things don’t turn out as planned, God’s will be done – and not ours.

I hold no ill feelings, no animosity, and no anger – in fact, all just the opposite for her. I wish her well in whatever life brings her and pray that God will protect her from harm and even from herself.

Wishing you the best, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment