Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1Corinthians 13:11

1 Corinthians 13:11

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I acted as a child, but when I became an adult I put away childish ways.

I shared that scripture with a friend last night. She is about to have a huge challenge in life. She’s gone through “crying” her way through things – tragedies – disappointments – abuses – rather than working her way through them. She never examined the past to let go of it nor to learn so that the future was brighter.

I gave her that scripture because I want her to be strong and brave. I also gave her a scripture on “be not afraid, as I am with you always”.

I want her to learn for herself that childish ways do not make you a strong, good self-esteemed, and woman. It makes us weak. And, the weak are eaten up in this world.

I want her to teach that to her daughter. I want them both to be strong individuals so that no one can abuse them in any manner.

I think that we all have childish ways to a degree. I think that the “fun” kid inside of us keeps us young like the kid who loves to ride the merry-go-round, go to the parks and the zoos, one which experiments with explorations and adventures.

However, it’s when we let the childish negative ways overtake our lives that we become weak. The crying all the time over things that cannot be solved with tears is one example. The pouting is another. The getting angry when things don’t go our way is another.

There’s a song where a line goes, “I am weak but thou are strong, Jesus keep me from all wrong….” When I was a child …. I am now an adult… ready for the great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment