Thursday, October 28, 2010

Listening to God Whispers

Since I began writing, I’ve received several emails telling me “”where is my post for today – it’s late!” or “I loved the story about…” or “this really hit home today.” These emails are my encouragement – they motivate me – they are my kick in the rump to get ‘er done when I haven’t written that day. I try to do at least one week’s worth of blogs ahead of time. Sometimes I don’t do it – I know I should – I’ve “gotten too busy”. Those are excuses.

I have to be real honest with everyone, when I started writing this blog I had pneumonia. The first 4 days were so bad that I was as limp as a noodle, hurt so badly, couldn’t breathe and didn’t and couldn’t muster the energy to even go to the doctor. I prayed fervently during intermittent sleeps. One prayer that stuck out in my head was “God if I’m not going to get any better, please take me home now.”

Yes I prayed to die. I was that desperate. What in reality was just a short time later, I was over the hump or the hurdle to getting well.

I remember waking in the middle of the night with God whispering – “you are going to write”. I said, “Why me? What have I got to say that someone else would want to hear? And, how?”

I slept so soundly after that – literally I slept for 2 days straight without getting up or even going to the bathroom. Had anyone been there with me, I’m sure they would have thought I was comatose.

The morning I woke, I went straight for the computer. I said, “Okay God – Your will – not mine – show me what to do.”

I wrote 9 blogs within 3 hours. I can only say it was strictly God’s doing.

I think that we all lose the concept that we are here for a purpose, a rhyme and a reason. God has a master plan for all of us. It isn’t up to us what it is, or for us to decide when or where but it is up to us to listen to those God whispers and follow His will.

I’m grateful everyday for life. I love life. I want to live life to it’s fullest. And, I’m awesomely blessed to be able to share a few thoughts each day with those that read this, and perhaps along life’s way, put a smile on someone else’s face, a song in their heart, a dance in their feet or even a memory in their mind. That’s what life is all about – J(Jesus) O(others) Y(you)!

Listen to your God whispers – He works through all of us – even this one who can be such a cutup. Pass a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment