Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Client

A client of mine goes to court today. She has been charged with murder. She is a victim of domestic violence. The silent killer in a marriage. She came to this country 19 years ago. Young, vulnerable, naive, abused as a child by her father and the communist government. She once again became a victim, choosing mate(s) (2) who were both either extremely controlling, or as in the later, a controlling, alcoholic, jealous, drug addict.

She saw no way out. No hope. No future. Her prayers seemed unanswered.

Don’t we all experience those feelings at times? Don’t sometimes we think that our prayers aren’t being answered? Don’t sometimes we all feel a since of loneliness?

I believe we do. I know I have – and probably will in the future as well.

I would so much want her to know that God has been there all along. He never left her; He never forgot her. I would hope that she would grow and learn from this horrible experience. I would hope that her daughter would learn from it as well.

I hope that she will take the scriptures and guidance’s I’ve shared with her and endure the punishment she is about to receive. Ten years is a long time inside of a prison. And, sad part, her grandfather died in a concentration camp. I hope that she can survive and even thrive to come out a new woman – a woman with balls and strength to stand up and say, “You will not hurt me again.” “ I am strong – I am woman”

My prayers this morning are for all women who are suffering – either from domestic violence, hurts, financial – or whatever the need may be. Just remember one thing – God is right there in the midst of it all – listen quietly for His voice – and if you need a shoulder to lean on – find a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment