Monday, October 11, 2010

Asking

Asking

God says ask and it shall be given, knock and you will find, seek and the door will be open unto you…

So many times when I pray, I’m constantly asking for something. Does that mean I deserve what I ask for? Not really – Does it mean that I’m going to get what I ask for? If it is God’s will. And, if I look and follow God’s lead, the doors are opened – maybe not the ones I thought would be – but the right doors.

I’ve come to realize the older I get that sometimes the most blessed prayers are those that go unanswered.

God asks so little from us, follow His commandments and honor Him. Yet, we, as people are constantly asking Him for blessings – looking for our blessings. And, yet, many times they are right before us, small things put before us so that we can find them.

I think I am going to start thanking God more and more for those blessings and asking for things that are really important. I suppose, in all honesty, that’s the way we should be doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment