Sunday, October 31, 2010

Relying on a Master

I’ve told you about Munchkin – that she was one of 4 feral kittens dropped off here about a year or so ago. I wasn’t impressed with any of them. But, I do not have the heart to kill them or not feed them.

Three died from one cause or another. The runt, which got named Munchkin, has survived. She doesn’t want to be picked up. She doesn’t let you hold her. She is obstinate to a huge degree. She has the markings of a Siamese cat. All in all – she is still beautiful.

Last night we decided to camp out in the back yard again. We had cots put into our screened in gazebo. Munchkin wanted in too. So I brought a blanket that I’d given her and put it on the floor. She was content.

I rolled over and to my back I felt something. “Jess, is that the cat behind me on my bed?” He looked, “Wow, it sure is.”

With her paw, she slapped at my back – she wanted me to roll over. I didn’t make a move away from her last night. When I moved to give her room – she only moved closer. At one point, I awoke to find her paws – one on each side of my face and her face within inches of mine – purring and in complete ecstasy of sleep.

In reflection, I see a wild unruly kitten, turning into a loving wanting attention and petting and massaging cat. I think of those unsaved and how God takes the worse of the worse, and turns them into something special. I think the patience I’ve shown her has taught her not to be afraid. I think the patience God shows us, gives us more and more opportunities to turn to Him and do his good works.

So, maybe like a feral cat, we can all learn to trust our Master – He feeds us, He clothes us, He watches over us – and what better Master to have than Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I see the correlation. My ferals are getting less fearful too as time goes by. Takes patience and love shown to them.

    ReplyDelete