Sunday, October 3, 2010

Listen

Listening

Recently Jess asked me to get on the internet. I thought he said to look for a dozen condoms. I knew he was reworking the chicken coop and could not imagine what role condoms were going to play in the chicken coop and chickens. I thought we were going to raise some biddies maybe.

I had to go ask him why he needs a dozen condoms. He said, “I didn’t say condoms, I said anacondas the breed of chicken that lays the pretty Easter eggs.”

“Oooooh”, I said.

I think sometimes we all get a little selective hearing. We hear the words that we want to hear and miss the real context of the conversations.

I’m wondering if, at times, we don’t really hear what God has to say to us, as well. Are we really listening? Or are we hurrying through those prayers real fast in hopes that God will understand that there are places to go, people to see and things to do.

Perhaps we all need to slow down, find the quiet of the morning or sometime during the day, listen – Jesus is whispering – He is talking to us - ask Him to repeat what he really wants us to hear, Are we walking and talking and following His way?

"I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses...."

No comments:

Post a Comment