Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Flappers

Our Flappers

I thought I was going to have to call a plumber because the toilet out in my old office was broke. I had been told that the toilet needed a new ring. Okay, I’m thinking that wax ring thing that goes between the commode and the flooring. Whatever is broke, just fix it, was all I was concerned about.

A friend came out and said, “it’s just the flapper that needs replacing.” Just a “flapper”.

While the repairs took place, I thought of our lives. I thought of how at times we get “broken” into pieces that we think are major. We hurt. We cry. We feel down. We feel we are broken beyond repair.

Funny thing, God doesn’t see us that way. Sometimes through prayer, fasting, and meditation, we realize the problem is only something minor or something in our minds; our “flapper” may need replacing or adjusting.

“Well, what is our flapper?” someone may ask. Our “flapper” may be something so slight as an attitude or mood adjustment. Our “flapper” may mean a type of surgery. I’ll just say our “flapper” is anything that can be repaired through seeking God.

“I am the truth and the way, no man shall come unto the Father, except by me.” Let God handle the “flappers” in your life and whatever is broke, just let Him fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment