Friday, October 15, 2010

Encouragement

Encouragement

I never know who is reading the blog and who isn’t. I never know if it is something that I should continue doing or not. I really believe when I started writing it that it was a “God thing” and that this is what I was suppose to do. Then, there comes a couple of messages “Where’s my morning inspiration?”

I would hate to know that I didn’t encourage someone – at least one person – everyday.

What can we do to encourage others? A quick email? Sending a card? Perhaps something as simple as a smile? Opening the door for someone else when at the market?

I remember when I was growing up, my grandfather wanted the boys to be gentleman – and he was strict about them opening even the car door for my grandmother. Heaven forbid that they didn’t open a door into a place for any other woman as far as that went too.

I think that we are so busy in life that we lose sight of the feelings of others and even perhaps what their needs are. Perhaps today, just at least once, be encouraging to yourself, (“Yes, I can do anything I put my mind to!”) encouraging to our children (you are smart you can master this task) and encouraging to a stranger – we never know how great a small act of encouragement or kindness may help someone along the way.

“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment