Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Lost

Have you ever tried anything new? Gone to a foreign country and didn’t really know the laws or the rules? Have you ever been lost in a city or just lost in a shopping mall?

Those times can be trying; they can give us an uneasy feeling and even fits of anxieties at times.

We look for remedies. We search for maps. Perhaps, we even ask, “Do you speak English?” We get on our iPhones or iPads and search for information or directions. In trying a new recipe, we may even ask someone if they have tried it before.

No matter what the “new” was or the adventure may have been, it was an experience. Sometimes the experience isn’t something that we would have chosen to do, but, nonetheless, we have to do it.

I have a friend about to experience a period of time that I’m encouraging her to hold her head up like a woman and not with the grief of a child. I’ve shared 1 Corinthians 13:11 “when I was a child I spoke as a child, I acted as a child, but when I became an adult I put away childish things.”

No matter our circumstance – we have to act as adults. We have to see our way through the issue – the lostness – the darkness – the unknown. Many people thrive on the adventure of the unknown, many would rather shiver as a child – instead of like I say, “put your big girl panties on and just do it”.

“Do not be afraid, for I am with you always.” It’s times of the difficulty, the times of the fear, that we have the privilege of relying on God even more. Don’t be afraid to take that faith and rely on God – He will carry you through the tough times – and He will hold you even when you are alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment