Thursday, October 7, 2010

Team Work

Team Work

There is no “I” in team work. Teamwork is basically described as an event or happening when a group works together toward the same goal. One person does not make a team. A team of oxen is two or more. A family “team” begins with two – a husband and a wife.

If one person of the “team” starts going off on his or her own, the team is broken. It is, as if, the two are pulling against each other, no one gains any ground, and no one understands the other.

A neighbor child walked up yesterday and said, “Meme, why are my mama and daddy getting a divorce?”

That was a hard one for me. I like this child. She is a precious thing who really seems torn up over the impeding divorce of her parents.

I explained to her as simple as possible all of the possibilities, that the team broke down, that they are failing to work together, that they’ve grown apart, but the largest thing that I explained to her – was that no matter where her parents went with their lives, that her life was still very important to them. I explained that she did nothing to cause this divorce. I also suggested that she learn from the mistakes of the adults in her life and try not to repeat them.

A good talk, lots of hugs, a few cookies and Delia were a happy camper again.

I think that like Delia’s parents, we lose sight of our team, our fellow Christians. We start doing our own thing, enjoying our own prosperities, we gain ground, and we leave the weak behind.

God never leaves us behind. He is the Head of the Team, and when we play and work together “for the good of those who love the Lord” then and only then will things work out for us, our Church and those around us. We cannot lose sight of who our Team leader is.

No comments:

Post a Comment