Monday, October 4, 2010

Tithing

Tithing

When I was younger – I never really thought about retirement. I thought about growing up – getting out from under the rule of a stepmother – and being my own person.

In my youth I thought daddies would always be around, time would magically stand still, I’d never have to worry about growing old, that magic was what would keep us all together; and I thought, the world would always be a wonderful place.

The world has changed. There is more violence, more deceit, and more hatred. Places that even five years ago I would frequent, I don’t even dare darken the doors.

The older I’ve become, I’ve begun to evaluate where I’ve been in life, what I’m doing right now and where I plan on going.

As far as my earthly home – I hope to be debt free by 2012, I hope to have the addition on to my house and the barn built – for a few examples of my goals.

As for my Heavenly home – I believe that I am preparing for it more and more everyday! I want lots of jewels in my crown; I want my heavenly home to be filled with laughter and joy.

I’ve thought of the tithing that we owe to God and the Church. I figure whatever I owe, that’s my rent. It’s the rent I am paying so that when I get to Heaven my room is paid for and all will be well.

It is said, “I go to prepare a place for you, if it were not so, I would not have said.” I believe that God has prepared a place for me – and I just hope when I get there that my debts are paid both on earth and in Heaven and that my rent is paid up.

Don’t forget that 10% of what you earn belongs to God. It’s His. And, even though you think you cannot afford it, it isn’t yours to keep. If you don’t belong to a church, donate to one anyway. And, watch God bless you more abundantly for your giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment